I know my online presence (at least on here) has been very sporadic so far this year. But, let me assure you, that doesn’t mean things, lots of things, aren’t happening behind the scenes. I’ve bullet-pointed them, below.
- I’ll be making my first public appearance in more than two years on Saturday, May 17th from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm at Barnes & Noble, 4015 Medina Rd, Fairlawn, Ohio. This is a “Local Spring Author Exhibition” and should be a fun event. The store will have copies of DININ’ and Last Night Out available, but you are more than welcome to bring copies containing any of my work for me to sign. Also, my good friend and fellow (sports) writer, Vince McKee, will be signing at the event. Come see us, buy some books, then after the event join us at a nearby bar for a few drinks.
- The narration for the audio book editon of The Killing Club by Chloe Golden is nearing completion and should be available for purchase within the next month.
- I’m pleased to announce I’ve signed another narration contract with Chloe to produce an audio book edition of Last Night Out. It will be available later this year.
- Re-Vamped: Blood Lust Revenge, co-edited with Adam Lewis, will be released in Kindle format this coming weekend. This is a re-release of the former Fem-Fangs (2010) anthology.
- In March, I turned in a 80,000 word manuscript for my first non-fiction (horror) book to my UK publisher. Details are forthcoming, but I’ll warn you now, save your money and be ready to pre-order quick, because this limited edition hardcover (which will NEVER be printed again while I’m alive) is going to blow your mind!
- I didn’t find out until last night, but The Best Horror of the Year, Volume 4, edited by Ellen Datlow and released by Night Shade Books in 2012, gave a nod to the Fell-Beasts anthology I edited. At the beginning of the section Ellen noted, “I will not be mentioning every original anthology I’ve received during 2011. I will try to provide descriptions of the best of those containing what I deem good horror or very dark fiction.” Nice to get a compliment every once in awhile. Thanks much for the kind words, Ellen.
The End is the New Beginning.