Ty will be making his first public appearance in more than two years on Saturday, May 17th from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm at Barnes & Noble, 4015 Medina Rd, Fairlawn, Ohio. DININ’ (Bad Moon Books, 2012) and Last Night Out (Crowded Quarantine Publications-UK, 2013) will be available to purchase at the event, but you are more than welcome to bring your own copies for Ty to sign.
Hope to see you there!
I know my online presence (at least on here) has been very sporadic so far this year. But, let me assure you, that doesn’t mean things, lots of things, aren’t happening behind the scenes. I’ve bullet-pointed them, below.
- I’ll be making my first public appearance in more than two years on Saturday, May 17th from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm at Barnes & Noble, 4015 Medina Rd, Fairlawn, Ohio. This is a “Local Spring Author Exhibition” and should be a fun event. The store will have copies of DININ’ and Last Night Out available, but you are more than welcome to bring copies containing any of my work for me to sign. Also, my good friend and fellow (sports) writer, Vince McKee, will be signing at the event. Come see us, buy some books, then after the event join us at a nearby bar for a few drinks.
- The narration for the audio book editon of The Killing Club by Chloe Golden is nearing completion and should be available for purchase within the next month.
- I’m pleased to announce I’ve signed another narration contract with Chloe to produce an audio book edition of Last Night Out. It will be available later this year.
- Re-Vamped: Blood Lust Revenge, co-edited with Adam Lewis, will be released in Kindle format this coming weekend. This is a re-release of the former Fem-Fangs (2010) anthology.
- In March, I turned in a 80,000 word manuscript for my first non-fiction (horror) book to my UK publisher. Details are forthcoming, but I’ll warn you now, save your money and be ready to pre-order quick, because this limited edition hardcover (which will NEVER be printed again while I’m alive) is going to blow your mind!
- I didn’t find out until last night, but The Best Horror of the Year, Volume 4, edited by Ellen Datlow and released by Night Shade Books in 2012, gave a nod to the Fell-Beasts anthology I edited. At the beginning of the section Ellen noted, “I will not be mentioning every original anthology I’ve received during 2011. I will try to provide descriptions of the best of those containing what I deem good horror or very dark fiction.” Nice to get a compliment every once in awhile. Thanks much for the kind words, Ellen.
The End is the New Beginning.
I’m back home (actually I got home around 4pm yesterday but ended up passing out for 12 hours so I wasn’t able to post this until now) from my film showing/book signing that took place on Saturday at the JR Clarke Public Library in Covington, Ohio. I can’t thank enough the library staff and all the people that came out to see me. In fact, at one point during the afternoon a group of about 20 people pulled up chairs and it became a fun question/answer type thing. Great times. Below is a photo of me at the library courtesy of my fiance’, Sheryl.
After the showing/signing at the library, I made my way over to Around About Books in Troy, Ohio. Great store that has a ton of well-organized books (two floors worth of them). If I didn’t have other places to be I could have spent hours combing the shelves in search of treasure. It was also the first time I got to meet the owners in person and just as I expected they were nice as could be. I left 6 copies of my novel there to place on their shelves.
After the event and stopping at the bookstore, I then spent the next four hours eating and drinking with a buddy of mine that I haven’t seen in years. Good stuff.
Then it was back to the hotel where I poured myself a drink, watched a horror movie on tv, and let the day slip away.
Can’t wait to do it all again…now back to the coma I was in…
In addition to the book signing I will be doing at Visible Voice Books (Cleveland, Ohio) on Feb. 7th, there are now two other events scheduled. See below.
Borders in Medina, Ohio – Feb. 28th from 1-3pm
Borders in Solon, Ohio – Mar. 28th from 1-3pm
Both of these stores will have plenty of copies on hand for you to buy or you can bring in a copy you already have for me to sign. A side note: the ‘reduced-priced’ issue of Werewolf Magazine #9 (mentioned here) that contains my short story, ‘Thirst’ will only be available at the signing on Feb. 7th.
You can find more information, including the store’s address by clicking on Appearances/News.
In addition, the first chapter of Night School is now on the First Chapter Project. If you want to go directly to the excerpt, click here.
I mentioned awhile back about Withersin Magazine doing an interview with me. Well, it is finally posted to their website. Click here to read it.
I mentioned here about my first booksigning of the year on Feb. 7th. Of course, I will have on hand a number of copies of Night School that you can purchase and have me sign (along with free bookmarks, etc) or you can bring in your own copy for me to sign. Along with having the book, Al Vermette, the publisher of the magazine (and a heck of a guy), will be providing me with a limited number (5) of copies of Werewolf Magazine #9 (comes out this month) containing my short story, ‘Thirst.’ The copies of the magazine will be $3.00 (2-bones off the cover price) so you can not only check out my short story, but enjoy all the other great stories contained within and learn more about the magazine, itself. Hopefully, this will make you thirsty for more of what Sapphire Publications (Blood Moon Rising) has to offer.
If you aren’t able to make the book signing but still want a copy of Werewolf #9, visit the Bookstore to learn how to get one (or two, or three, or…).